zafira-ownersclub.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Zafira is officially a Porsche eater

+2
TracyGSI
Waveybluewater
6 posters

Go down

My Zafira is officially a Porsche eater Empty My Zafira is officially a Porsche eater

Post  Waveybluewater Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:57 am

LOL, I couldn't resist last night on my way through Leicester, there was a Carrera at the lights so I thought I'd pull up behind him, I thought it said "Carrera 3" on the back but looked it up and there's no such thing so I'm thinking it must have been an "S", anyway he pulled off slowish then floored it, I did the same cus I'm scared of 1st gear still and my god I was up his ass and even made ground up!! I couldn't believe it I was pissing myself laughing and when he pulled over and slowed down his face was an absolute picture Very Happy

Anyway I though I'd let you all know as I have no idea what power I'm running and it was nice to try it up against other cars to get an idea..

Put it this way the Carrera is 325bhp and the Carrera S is 355bhp!!!
Waveybluewater
Waveybluewater

Back to top Go down

My Zafira is officially a Porsche eater Empty Re: My Zafira is officially a Porsche eater

Post  TracyGSI Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:33 pm

Wicked, i bet the bloke face was a picture lmao
TracyGSI
TracyGSI

Back to top Go down

My Zafira is officially a Porsche eater Empty Re: My Zafira is officially a Porsche eater

Post  Scottzaf Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:41 pm

wish ours was that quick
Scottzaf
Scottzaf
Admin

https://zafira-ownersclub.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  mystery machine Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:51 pm

its the torque that more than likley made the difference fella, i doubt the porche would be anywhere near what the bus is throwing out. i have always said HP terms are for willy waving.... torque does the talking! Laughing
mystery machine
mystery machine

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyM Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:34 pm

Well a brand new Boxster was a bit quicker than me today, admittedly I was 4 up.
AndyM
AndyM

Back to top Go down

Post  Waveybluewater Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:01 pm

I pissed over a Boxster the other day (love the faces they pull), I think they're about 230bhp or so or 280 odd in the newer 3.4 litre ones...

What mods do you have Andy??
Waveybluewater
Waveybluewater

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyM Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:34 pm

Waveybluewater wrote:I pissed over a Boxster the other day (love the faces they pull), I think they're about 230bhp or so or 280 odd in the newer 3.4 litre ones...

What mods do you have Andy??

This was an '08 plate. Mine just has a phase one map, but it's kicking out quite a bit of torque ... 303 lbs/ft, affraid to go any higher at the moment because of the clutch.
AndyM
AndyM

Back to top Go down

Post  Waveybluewater Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:27 am

Must have been a Boxster then rather than the S, still they're a 2.7 with 241 bhp so good on you mate!! I have no clue what I'm pushing all I know is my AFM isn't plugged in cus it's knackered so the car is actually sluggish lol, once it's all sorted and the new clutch has gone in (as you said they suffer the power surge first) I'm going to RR it, that's a damn good torque figure though mate, would expect that off a phase 3 never mind 1!!!
Waveybluewater
Waveybluewater

Back to top Go down

Post  GSiJamie Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:12 pm

Nice one I'm all for showing porker drivers up. king king
GSiJamie
GSiJamie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down