zafira-ownersclub.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

removing door cards and what size speakers

2 posters

Go down

removing door cards and what size speakers Empty removing door cards and what size speakers

Post  bigemp Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:02 pm

hi
have just brought a 2003 gsi model any hints about taking door cards off(without breaking etc)as need to replace the speakers absolute rubbish sound and what size speakers to go for and do i need aftermarket spacers etc to fit them,any replies would be great so i can get what i need before i get panels off,cheers guys,i have already brought a sony mex-bt5100 headunit which i have fitted and ordered a 10" drop down monitor/dvd player.

cheers for any help

Dave

bigemp

Back to top Go down

removing door cards and what size speakers Empty Re: removing door cards and what size speakers

Post  drewwhelan Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:17 pm

The front speakers are 16cm and you will need spacers. the rear are 13cm I think,
If you replace the front components, you may find you don't need to touch the rears...

Removing the door cards:
Been a while since I've done this, but from what I recall...

there are three screws at the base of the door ( under the pocket ) and another behind the small speaker, mirror switch, and the window switch.
(Wind the window down before you unplug them all.)
Once these are out, remove the screw in the handle ( under a rubber bung ) and then push the handle out with your finger ( put your finger into the window switch hole to do this, you'll see what I mean )

With the window down, the door card should just lift out and if you're lucky you can unsnap the white panel clips without breaking them.

Unhook the door opening cable and the door card should be free.

Hope this helps.
Smile

drewwhelan

Back to top Go down

removing door cards and what size speakers Empty Re: removing door cards and what size speakers

Post  bigemp Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:21 pm

superb m8

Thanks for that will give it a go this weekend

cheers

Dave

bigemp

Back to top Go down

Post  drewwhelan Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:13 pm

No probs
Good luck with it,
Let us all know how you get on.

drewwhelan

Back to top Go down

Post  bigemp Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:25 pm

drewwhelan wrote:No probs
Good luck with it,
Let us all know how you get on.

will do cheers have sent you a pm as well

Cheers

Dave

bigemp

Back to top Go down

Post  drewwhelan Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:37 pm

I've replied Wink

drewwhelan

Back to top Go down

Post  bigemp Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:45 am

drewwhelan wrote:I've replied Wink

Thanks drew

bigemp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down